For the past weeks I worked primarily on a new shop system and the arena. Last saturday was also the one year anniversary for Tales of Astya’s development, woah! I didn’t have much to post until now, but there’s some goodies because of the delay. I was also thinking about maybe making a small YouTube video showing some of the biggest changes through the year with some commentary. We’ll see. Let’s get into the posts, shall we?
Trading has received a decent overhaul, improving performance slightly and adding a variety of new features, listed below:
- Merchants now have a specific amount of gold available which can be increased by purchasing items and decreased by selling items to him/her.
- Resets every three days, will probably be changed at a later time
- Price changes based on the player being a member of their faction and your rank in that faction.
- Each rank adds a 10% price difference
- Only buying specific item types from the player
- EG a blacksmith will only purchase weapons, armor and ore
- EG an alchemist will only buy reagents and so forth
- General stores still buy all types of items
The arena was one of the earliest side activities I added to the project, though it has been shown little love the past year. This has changed! The arena now contains a small campaign where you’ll have to fight your way to the top to become the Grand Champion. The arena has two activities you can partake in; Tournament and Skirmish.
The tournaments is the main campaign, where you’re pitted against strong opponents to defeat in order to advance to the next round. They still need to be balanced properly, and are intended to prove tough competition. Skirmishes on the other hand is a simple free for all, where the last man standing is the winner. Skirmishes yield little besides a few coins and is mostly intended for practice before the tournament.
- Started work on a wiki that should be ready for launch
- Details about lore, locations, items and all that easily available. Want a preview? Send a message through twitter or leave a comment below!
- Added a telescope to look at the night sky
- Various bug and glitch fixes
The wiki has taken a lot of time away from development, but it’s worth it in my opinion. That’s it for this week! Until next time, have a good one.